Photo Credit: Glenn Euloth
I am so grateful to my sweet husband, who spent almost eight hours working on my computer to get it up and running for us again! Hopefully I can now use it to get back into blogging! I know I would love that! I so miss blogging when I can’t do it as much as I would like!
Now that 2016 has arrived, I have some plans for the blog, and I have some questions for you as well.
Goals for 2016
- Read 12 books this year. Despite being a homeschooling mother, I really do not get to read that much. I’m more of a web-surfer and researcher than I am a book reader. But I definitely want my children to see me reading as a normal part of our lives, and so I will be making more of an effort to do so!
- Personal items down to 100. This isn’t household or family items (sofa, pots and pans, etc) but specifically items that I can say are directly mine. I may stretch this a wee bit to a few collective items (books, maybe, or knitting stash) but for the most part I am intending to minimize my own items drastically.
- Reduce our grocery spending to $80/week for 4 people. Right now we spend a little over $100 a month for our foods, and shop biweekly. But I intend to try harder and see if I can do more things myself at home. My job is to save us money at home, and darn it, I’m going to do my best to do that!
- Find as many ways as I can to save more money and energy on as many household tasks as I can. I’m going to experiment with a few various things and see what and how I can save money on around our home and in our daily routine.
- Lose 80 lbs. Ahem.
- Give “Five Hands“ for gifts this year. This means gifts that are either handmade, hand-me-down, second-hand, a helping hand (donation), or hand-in-hand (spending time together). #heartbubbles
- Develop/stop 12 habits this year. January is the month I am working on flossing. I never used floss before but I know I have to take better care of my teeth, so I might as well!
- Find a better way of organizing the children’s toys and belongings. Oh my gosh, the stuff. It’s everywhere…
- Finish knitting my Christmas sock…before Christmas. I’ve knitted Christmas stockings for my daughter, my husband, my son and I have started one for myself, but I have never finished it. So it is on my radar for this year. I really don’t have much to do, even! I just lose my motivation.
- Sell our house. That’s right, we are trying to sell this house and move on to something better for our family. I am really looking forward to it!
- Let go. Ask my family, my friends, my husband… I need to find ways to rest, and relax, to find ways to not have to take charge of every little thing.
- Buy no fiction books. Here’s the thing — despite not spending much time reading, I actually have a horrible habit of buying books all the time. Drives my poor husband insane. So unless the books I need for homeschooling are not available at the library, I won’t be buying any books this year. Gulp.