First off, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated. This was first giveaway and I was so honored to do it for Rosemary. She is such a sweetheart and so talented. So here it is. The winner is Tricia (@widemouthedfrog). Congrats Tricia!
For those of you who didn’t win, but are still interested, don’t worry! Rosemary’s discount code, 5offDec17, is good til December 17 (hence the code!). So you still have lots of time to order a beautiful felt crown from Hadassah’s Closet! And Rosemary is not opposed to doing custom orders so if you want something specific done, please get in contact with her on Twitter or via her Etsy shop and let her know!
Please keep your eyes open in January when I have another delicious giveaway coming up as well!
Photo Credit: Brad Smith
- I want to eat… delicious potato and bacon soup. Our favorite Sunday supper.
- I want to read… about fiesty and feminine lady turned sleuth, Nancy Drew. I read several of her books when I was a girl and I cannot wait to read them with Naomi when she’s older!
- I want to listen to… one of my favorite Christmas stories, A Christmas Carol, narrated by Glen Hallstrom. His voice is perfect for this dark, delightful story.
- I want to dream… of telling the world how awesome my husband is. Think they’d get the message? *wink*
- I want to enjoy… a perfectly seasoned cast iron skillet. Fortunately Dave can teach me how to season it properly!
- I want to discuss… CrockPot’s new LunchCrock. Think it’s a good investment, or a “buy it and never use it” item?
- I want to experience… what it feels like to make perfect fudge. I have yet to figure that one out! Do you think this guide will help?
- I want to remember… being a little girl and wanting to be Cinderella — but not when she was the princess. I wanted to be her when she was cooking and cleaning the house! I hope that I can enjoy that again by helping Naomi in a play kitchen I am hoping to make for her.
- I want to make… something to keep Naomi occupied during busy kitchen activities or long car rides. I love the idea of a quiet book — so much creativity and opportunity to learn!
- I want to quote… what I am sure is the formula for a good and healthy marriage. Leave it to Martin Luther!
Photo Credit: rsteup
Photo Credit: Robo Android
Finer Things Friday at Amy’s Finer Things and
I have been thinking about what to get my family for Christmas. Naomi is very blessed to have both her grandparents, as well as several aunts and uncles who dearly love her. So we don’t like to overwhelm her, or each other, with gifts during holidays. I like to keep things simple, useful and enjoyable gifts, and each with a purpose. I have a few ideas for both her and Michael, but I didn’t know exactly how much or how many to get. But this little rhyme really makes sense to me when it comes to purchasing Christmas presents.
One they want, One they need
One they wear, One they read
Doesn’t that make it so much simpler? Four simple gifts. Easy-peasy! Now I have several other great gift ideas to get ordered and/or made!