Photo Credit: Julia Frost
That’s the strongest of all factors in influencing children’s eating behavior. If father is saying, ‘No way I’ll eat that broccoli,’ then it’s very likely that kids won’t eat it either.
Growing up, no one liked broccoli. It isn’t sweet. It doesn’t have a very good texture when you chew it. It’s rather tough, in fact, unless you prepare it properly. So why should you eat it? Because it is one of the best foods you can possibly eat!
Today I’m being featured over at Frugal Granola for my monthly contribution. This week we’re discussing the endless possibilities of broccoli! So go grab a beautiful green head of that versitile cruciferous and head on over to my post for a really delicious broccoli recipe!
Photo Credit: Travis
- I want to eat… this yummy pizza using cauliflower for the crust!
- I want to read… Kitchen Stewardship‘s Katie Kimball has a new eBook, Smart Sweets: 30 Desserts to Indulge your Sweet Tooth. So excited to see it! If you’re interested in seeing what her recipes are like, here’s her free Apple Crisp recipe. Mmmmm…
- I want to listen to… the hilarious adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Nelson. Good, clean, family fun!
- I want to dream… about making Naomi’s toys. Especially some of these fantastic ones! I’m especially interested in the discovery bottles.
- I want to enjoy… fresh greens with olive oil (my favorite salad dressing). This trick to keep your greens fresh sounds fantastic!
- I want to discuss… this very interesting comic strip from the unfinished Theophilus series. While I don’t necessarily agree with everything the artist writes about, I do love the powerful message this strip conveys!
- I want to experience… what it’s like to have a month’s worth of food in the freezer ready to go! That’s my goal for December!
- I want to remember… these healthy recipe substitutions next time I find my pantry a little less stocked.
- I want to make… these super cute homemade toddler fleece slippers. They’d be so warm and cozy!
- I want to quote… a simple quote from Mike Greenberg about the miracles we experience daily.
Disclaimer: Yes, I am compensated for some (but not all) of the purchases made via the referral links in this post. You can read my entire disclosure policy here.
Photo Credit: Molard Smith
Although this picture isn’t of the sky I see outside my window, this is exactly what my moon looked like tonight. So golden, so warm and gentle. It guides us through the night and sweetens our dreams. And in the morning, it turns the sky over to the sun and we are given so many blessings from its warmth and strength. I am so anxious to see the sunrise.
- I want to eat… this amazing looking tomato basil soup. Seriously, I just want to stick a spoon into my monitor.
- I want to read… God’s Wisdom For Little Girls, a lovely book my uncle gave Naomi when she was born:
- I want to listen to… a rousing little protest song from Kenny White.
- I want to dream… of a simple cup of warm almond milk cocoa and a plate full of quinoa cocoa pops.
- I want to enjoy… flipping through a wonderful book of memories with Naomi in her life story binder. A wonderful twist on the traditional baby book.
- I want to discuss… the difference between a Super Mom and an Abiding Mom. This really puts things in perspective.
- I want to experience… what it feels like to sew properly. Mine is always so hit and miss. Fortunately I found this site with some really great tricks!
- I want to remember… this great trick as to how to fold a fitted sheet when I wash the bedsheets this week.
- I want to make… these incredibly simple natural deodorizers for all over the house. I really need to find some essential oils.
- I want to quote… this painfully on-the-money quote from Neal A. Maxwell.
I’m going to bump this week’s Link Love Round Up til tomorrow, so I can share with you a note from Amy Lynn Andrews, author of Tell Your Time. I received this in my inbox and really wanted to share it with you!
Just a heads-up…this is short notice, but why wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday to get the rockin’ deals goin’ right?
Tell Your Time (instant download version only) is going on sale Nov. 10 at 8pm (Central). The sale ends Monday morning, November 14.
First 100 copies will be FREE with coupon code: FREEDOM
After that, ALL copies will be $.99 with coupon code: ONLY99